It’s hard to believe but fall is just over the horizon. With fall comes all kinds of new opportunities for Zion’s members. Families, ministries and youth all have new adventures and missions to engage in as we move into September:
- Sermon series on Strength for Today and Hope for Tomorrow, beginning September 11
- ZFest on September 18 with a brand new nautical theme!
- Special emphasis on Sabbath for children & youth every Sunday in September
- Sunday school will expand to include 8:30 classes in addition to 10:30 classes
- Confirmation orientation, registration & connection events
- Choirs and handbells will start back up
- Bible History class beginning September 12
- Outdoor worship at 10:30am through September 11, returning to the sanctuary September 18.
- So many opportunities to connect and to serve! Contact our Shared Ministries Director, Kim to get connected
If you are interested in getting involved with Zion, there is a world of opportunity and something for everyone. Being involved is the best way to make lasting connections at church and is proven to strengthen faith and increase happiness. Sunday morning greeters and ushers are always welcome. If you want more involvement, we are looking for candidates for Church Council. Volunteer for a whole host of service opportunities including Blessing Closet, Wednesday suppers, or other events. Maybe you want to learn more about the Bible or our faith history? You could attend Bible history class starting September 12.
On a related note, I would like to thank everyone who has attended services this summer, the staff, volunteers, and council members that helped make the services run smoothly, and all of the congregational members that have continued to give to Zion to continue our valuable ministries. Your gifts and support go a long way to continuing the mission we have committed to in support of our church and our community.
Thank you and God bless,