Our Sunday school mornings continue to be full of awesome kids, volunteers, families, friends, faith, fun, and God’s love. We have spent our Sundays together learning to love ALL our neighbors and how to be a Good Samaritan. The Sunday school kids have:
- Made collaborative artwork: “NEIGHBOR” murals for their classroom
- Made Serve Jars: with “serving slips” – ideas how to serve our neighbors, as Jesus did
- Built God’s Welcoming Neighborhood: constructed out of blocks and Legos, while discussing what would be in God’s neighborhood and how people would treat one another in God’s neighborhood: with care, compassion, kindness, love, generosity, and respect.
- Read The Good Samaritan Bible story and scripture – Luke 10: 25-37
Zion strives to walk with each family on their faith journey. One way that we do this is to partner with families in fulfilling their baptismal promises.
On October 10, we were blessed to be able to distribute approximately 30 Bibles. This very special Grow-in-Faith Event was for our 3-year-olds and 3rd graders, along with others who had not yet received a Bible. This is such a meaningful time in a child’s faith journey as their baptismal promises are lived out by:
- Placing in their hands the Holy Scripture
- Nurturing them in faith and care, so they may learn to trust God