Worship at Zion
When is Worship?
Sunday worship services normally start at 8:30am, 9:45am and 10.30am.
- 8:30am Traditional Worship (try this service if you like choir and organ music and traditional liturgy)
- 9:45am Family Express (try this service if you are looking for a more informal, shorter, or kid-friendly worship experience)
- 10:30am Contemporary Worship (try this service if you enjoy praise band music)
Sunday Sermons are available online as an mp3/podcast.
During June, July & August services are held each Monday evening at 7pm at the Historic Marysville Church, on County Road 9 between Buffalo and Waverly.
Worship Services This Week
- Holy Communion at 8:30 and 10:30
- Traditional Worship Service - Sanctuary
05/19/2013 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- Family Express Worship - Trinity Hall
05/19/2013 9:45 AM - 10:15 AM
- Graduates meet in the Library - Library/Chapel
05/19/2013 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Contemporary Worship Service - Sanctuary
05/19/2013 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Devotions at Lake Ridge - Lake Ridge Care Center
05/22/2013 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Devotions at Park View - Parkview Care Center
05/22/2013 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Baccalaureate Service at United Methodist Church - Other
05/22/2013 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- When you come into the Church building on a Sunday morning, someone will greet you just outside and/or just inside outer door.
- Stop by the information desk in the lobby/narthex if you have any questions, it is usually staffed before and after each Sunday service.
- A printed order of service and a weekly announcement sheet is available at the door to the worship space.
- If you need a large print copy of the order of service or a hearing device, please ask an usher.
What Happens During the Service?
- Each service will normally include singing, Bible reading(s), some prayers and an easy to listen to sermon or message.
- Near the beginning, the pastor will invite you to greet the people sitting around you, but no one will single you out as a visitor.
- We don’t expect visitors to support the congregation financially, so feel free to pass the offering plate on when it comes down your row. Many members of the congregation contribute directly through their bank accounts so you won’t be the only one passing it on.
- Coffee is served in Fellowship Hall after each service, and a variety of beverages are available from the Keurig machine in the café area outside Fellowship Hall.
Music is important at Zion. Zion offers a variety of musical groups for all ages of musicians including choirs, handbells, and instrumental groups.
Worship Related Updates
- Handbell Ensemble in Concert at Zion Strikepoint, one of the world’s top handbell ensembles, will perform here at Zion on Sunday, June 16, at 4pm. This is a concert you won’t want to miss! Admission is free but a $10 donation is suggested. Think of a handbell ensemble as a living piano, with each of eleven ringers responsible for up to nine notes. ...
- Special Summer Music Begins May 26 Use your talents this summer to provide special music for one of our summer worship services on Sunday mornings. Instrumentalists, pianists, vocalists, groups or solos… you are invited! There‘s a special music spot on Monday nights at Marysville too in June, July, and August. Contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or Mike Walsh to volunteer.