Sundays During the School Year
Sunday School at Zion is held at 8:30 and at 10:30 during the school year for children ages 3 (on September 1) to grade 6. God’s Word is taught through, Bible stories, music, videos, crafts, discussion and worksheets. Zion ‘s Sunday school program uses the rotational Sunday school model, meaning that the student rotate with their ‘shepherds’ to different activity areas.
- Preschool to Kindergarten aged children travel each Sunday to three different stations: art, music and snack and storytelling. Each rotation enforces the Bible story they are working on that day.
- Grade 1-4 students begin each Sunday with opening worship, and then travel to a 40 minute rotation relating to the story they heard in opening. Rotations for this age include, cooking, craft, drama, games, science, and media.
- Zion’s Sunday morning program for students in grades 5 and 6 is called Grapple, and brings God’s word into their everyday lives and helping them to tackle tough decisions in their life with God’s guidance.
- Zion celebrates “Sanctuary Sunday” on the fourth Sunday of each month as a time for families to come to church together. Sunday School will not be in session this day, so that you can worship together as a family. Worship services for Sanctuary Sundays will be specifically inclusive of the children, and build and strengthen the relationships with which God has blessed us. Learning through worship and experiencing our church family in a new and powerful way are what Sanctuary Sunday is all about.
If you have any questions about Sunday School, please contact Kirsten Kelly
- Brittany Beneke Brittany Beneke has been a member of Zion since she was little. She is a single parent with two sons, Riley (7), and Wesley (2½). Her mom and step-dad (Cheryl & Tim Bohnen), dad (David Beneke), and siblings are also members of Zion. Brittany works as a pre-school teacher at New Horizon Academy in St.Michael. I work in ...
- Chimes in the Night Christmas Program When the greatest gift is given, the best in all the land, the bells will ring that day, untouched by human hands. What great gift will make the bells ring? Find out on Sunday, December 8, when Zion’s Sunday school students perform “Chimes in the Night” at the 8:30 and 10:30 worship services. The program begins ...
- Teacher Check In On Sunday, November 3, at 11:45, all Sunday School Teachers and Shepherds are invited to a quick check in time with Kirsten, Marsha and Karen in Trinity Hall. We’d like to hear your input about how Sunday School is going (with the new curriculum, etc) and if you have any other feedback. We hope you can attend… thanks for being ...