Sundays During the School Year
Sunday School at Zion is held at 8:30 and at 10:30 during the school year for children ages 3 (on September 1) to grade 6. God’s Word is taught through, Bible stories, music, videos, crafts, discussion and worksheets. Zion ‘s Sunday school program uses the rotational Sunday school model, meaning that the student rotate with their ‘shepherds’ to different activity areas.
- Preschool to Kindergarten aged children travel each Sunday to three different stations: art, music and snack and storytelling. Each rotation enforces the Bible story they are working on that day.
- Grade 1-4 students begin each Sunday with opening worship, and then travel to a 40 minute rotation relating to the story they heard in opening. Rotations for this age include, cooking, craft, drama, games, science, and media.
- Zion’s Sunday morning program for students in grades 5 and 6 is called Grapple, and brings God’s word into their everyday lives and helping them to tackle tough decisions in their life with God’s guidance.
- Joy, Joy, Joy on Palm Sunday On Palm Sunday, March 24, Sunday school students from preschool to 3rd grade will participate in a palm procession during the worship service and sing. Our Change for Children incentive is “Dress your Best” and the annual Noisy Offering will be collected during worship! Details for Sunday morning: Please drop off your children in their regular drop off ...
- Change for Children & Spring Break Servants This year’s Sunday school Change for Children mission project will benefit children around the world through Kids Against Hunger. Sunday School Incentive Days On Sunday, February 17 the project will kick off in Sunday school. Each child will receive a collection tube, and students will be asked to bring their change in each week February 24-March 24 ...
- Mission Operation John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34 February is known as a month devoted to love. This February, you are invited to join the Sunday School students in experiencing the real meaning of the season and sharing the love of our Savior ...