As a Community of Women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
We commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
Events & Programs
- January Retreat
- May Brunch
- Annual events include the St. Lucia Supper, Bible studies and Synod conferences.
Circle Bible Studies for Women meet the third week of each month:
- Tuesday mornings at 9:30am at Zion
- Thursday evenings at 7:00pm in member’s homes
Studies use the magazine Gather (formerly known as Lutheran Women Today), which can be ordered from Augsburg Fortress or by calling 1.800.328.4648.
- Christmas Bake Sale When you come to Zion on Sunday, December 15, you’ll be greeted by many of your favorite holiday cookies, sweets and treats. The Women’s Ministry team is sponsoring a bake sale throughout the morning that day, beginning at 9:30am. You’ll find your favorite cookies and Scandinavian treats for purchase: snickerdoodles, ginger cookies, Russian teacakes, peanut butter blossoms, almond ...
- Sign Up for Prayer Sisters 2014 A Prayer Sister is someone you are partnered with for the year, whom you remember in daily prayer. You also send cards and/or gifts for special occasions, or whenever God moves you to do so; He knows when she needs a day brightener. The following December, the identity of your Prayer Sister is revealed to you ...
- Thanksgiving Visits Would you have time to set aside between November 17-26 for visits to homebound and senior citizens in our area? The Zion Women’s Ministry group has a tradition of giving a Thanksgiving gift to those who find it difficult to come to Zion weekly for worship. If you can help by making 3-4 brief visits ...
The cross, water and white lily identifies the Women of The Evangelical Lutheran Church (WELCA) as children of God; baptized, forgiven and adopted into God’s family, full of grace and hope in eternal life.It is a reminder of the growth, beauty, and vitality that rises out of that life-giving baptismal water.It is also a reminder of the mission of the church. “Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” ~ Matthew 29:19
Questions About Women of Zion?
If you have any questions about Women of Zion, would like to join a circle, or be part of our planning team you are welcome to contact us. Please contact Phyllis Bengtson or Sherilyn Burgdorf (763.682.1245 or email@example.com).
The Women of Zion organization is striving to be relevant to the lives of a wide spectrum of Zion Women within the framework of the Purpose Statement of the Women of the ELCA.