As a Community of Women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
We commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
Events & Programs
- January Retreat
- May Brunch
- Annual events include the St. Lucia Supper, Bible studies and Synod conferences.
Circle Bible Studies for Women meet the third week of each month:
- Tuesday mornings at 9:30am at Zion
- Thursday evenings at 7:00pm in member’s homes
Studies use the magazine Gather (formerly known as Lutheran Women Today), which can be ordered from Augsburg Fortress or by calling 1.800.328.4648.
- Summer Bible Study for Women All Who Hunger Gather Gladly Women are invited to the first in a series of three monthly Bible studies on hunger written by Audrey Novak Riley in June. Audrey was formerly on staff of the Gather magazine and is now associate program director for the ELCA World Hunger Appeal. We all know the story: A crowd of people follows Jesus out ...
- The Power of a Praying Woman The Wednesday Morning Women’s Bible Study is beginning a study based off Stormie Omaritan’s series “The Power of a Praying Woman.” They meet in the library at 9:30am, and this study continues March 13 through May 15.
- Red Letter Days Brunch Have you ever had a day that shines? A day that stands out from the ordinary? That’s a Red Letter Day worth celebrating! You can be sure that you’ll have a Red Letter Day on Saturday, May 4, at the Women’s Spring Brunch. Come to Zion’s Trinity Hall at 9:30am (sign in begins at 9am) for ...
The cross, water and white lily identifies the Women of The Evangelical Lutheran Church (WELCA) as children of God; baptized, forgiven and adopted into God’s family, full of grace and hope in eternal life.It is a reminder of the growth, beauty, and vitality that rises out of that life-giving baptismal water.It is also a reminder of the mission of the church. “Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” ~ Matthew 29:19
Questions About Women of Zion?
If you have any questions about Women of Zion, would like to join a circle, or be part of our planning team you are welcome to contact us. Please contact Phyllis Bengtson or Sherilyn Burgdorf (763.682.1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Women of Zion organization is striving to be relevant to the lives of a wide spectrum of Zion Women within the framework of the Purpose Statement of the Women of the ELCA.