Weekly Wednesday Suppers
Everyone is invited to join friends each Wednesday night during the school year for a wonderful evening of fellowship and tasty meals.
- Supper is served from 5-6:15pm
- All are welcome
- There is a suggested donation of $4 per plate or $15 per family
- Pay Now: $4 (plate) / $15 (family) / $16 (one month individual) / $60 (one month family
Families or individuals cook (it really is lightweight prep), serve, and clean up meals once every 6 weeks. Meals are served in a 7 week rotation giving each team the benefit of cooking the same meal each time they serve. You can choose which meal team you’d like to join. Each team will be serving only 4 or 5 times during the entire year. Volunteer a few hours as a small commitment with a great reward for many people. You’ll benefit by meeting other Zion members that will become new friends and you’ll also help many families and youth by providing a great “home-cooked” meal on busy Wednesday evenings.
Financial realities that make coming to a dinner like these helpful in weekly family nutrition. Some youth and families attending suppers are not able to pay fully or consistently for their meals. To help maintain meal quality, while not limiting the number of people served, both corporate and individual sponsors may have their names publicized. Sponsors might choose to give $100-$200, or give a specific part of a meal, such as desert.
- If you are interested in helping serve the meal or sponsoring part of the meal, please contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or the Wednesday Supper Coordinator.
- Last Supper by Sherilyn Burgdorf Another great year of Wednesday night suppers is quickly coming to an end. The ‘last supper’ for this year will be May 13. This spring we thank Cindy Bonde for her 8 years of leadership as the Wednesday Night Supper Coordinator. Cindy is officially turning her cooking utensils and ordering sheets over to ...
- One Thing Each Day Dorothy has been a lifelong member of Zion, as were her mother Lydia (&Ted) Heins, and grandfather Walter (& Elsa) Berglund. Her great grandmother, Marit, was seven years old when the family came to Buffalo from Sweden, homesteaded about a mile south of the current Zion location, and became founding members of Carlslund Lutheran Church ...
- Social Ministry Bingo Dinner Cancelled due to cold weather On Wednesday, January 7, the Social Ministry Committee will serve the weekly Wednesday Night Supper as a local missions fundraiser. Cost for the meal will be $5 per person. As you enjoy your meal, play some rounds of complimentary BINGO for small prizes. Popcorn and pop will be available for purchase while ...