Weekly Wednesday Suppers
Everyone is invited to join friends each Wednesday night during the school year for a wonderful evening of fellowship and tasty meals.
- Supper is served from 5-6:15pm
- All are welcome
- There is a suggested donation of $4 per plate or $15 per family
- Pay Now: $4 (plate) / $15 (family) / $16 (one month individual) / $60 (one month family)
What’s On The Menu?
Families or individuals cook (it really is lightweight prep), serve, and clean up meals once every 6 weeks. Meals are served in a 7 week rotation giving each team the benefit of cooking the same meal each time they serve. You can choose which meal team you’d like to join. Each team will be serving only 4 or 5 times during the entire year. Volunteer a few hours as a small commitment with a great reward for many people. You’ll benefit by meeting other Zion members that will become new friends and you’ll also help many families and youth by providing a great “home-cooked” meal on busy Wednesday evenings.
Financial realities that make coming to a dinner like these helpful in weekly family nutrition. Some youth and families attending suppers are not able to pay fully or consistently for their meals. To help maintain meal quality, while not limiting the number of people served, both corporate and individual sponsors may have their names publicized. Sponsors might choose to give $100-$200, or give a specific part of a meal, such as desert.
- If you are interested in helping serve the meal or sponsoring part of the meal, please contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or the Wednesday Supper Coordinator.
- Social Ministry Bingo Dinner Cancelled due to cold weather On Wednesday, January 7, the Social Ministry Committee will serve the weekly Wednesday Night Supper as a local missions fundraiser. Cost for the meal will be $5 per person. As you enjoy your meal, play some rounds of complimentary BINGO for small prizes. Popcorn and pop will be available for purchase while ...
- Wednesday Suppers Begin September 10 The start of school brings the return of Zion’s Wednesday night suppers, when families, confirmation students, musicians, committee members, and people of all ages get together for a Zion family meal in Fellowship Hall. Seven supper teams rotate, giving variety to the menu each week. Serving runs from 5:00-6:15pm, with a suggested donation of $4 ...
- Music and Pasta Tom & Karen Pearson have been married for 21 years, and have 3 daughters, all confirmed at Zion. Karen works as a bookkeeper at Crown Plaza in Plymouth, and Tom as a low voltage electrician. Karen and Tom first got involved in serving Wednesday suppers at Zion when their daughters were in confirmation and the family ...