Weekly Wednesday Suppers
Everyone is invited to join friends each Wednesday night during the school year for a wonderful evening of fellowship and tasty meals.
- Supper is served from 5-6:15pm
- All are welcome
- There is a suggested donation of $4 per plate or $15 per family
- Pay Now: $4 (plate) / $15 (family) / $16 (one month individual) / $60 (one month family)
What’s On The Menu?
- Wednesday Suppers Begin September 10
The start of school brings the return of Zion’s Wednesday night suppers, when families, confirmation students, musicians, committee members, and people of all ages get together for a Zion family meal in Fellowship Hall. Seven supper teams rotate, giving variety to the menu each week. Serving runs from 5:00-6:15pm, with a suggested donation of $4 per person or $15 per family.
If you have time to give as a supper team member, contact Cindy Bonde or connect with a team here. Teams serve only 4 times a year; an easy serving option with great groups of people.
September Supper Menus
- September 10: Pasta
- September 17: Breakfast for Supper
- September 24: Tacos
- May Suppers
There’s a tasty meal waiting for you every Wednesday from 5:00-6:15 in the Fellowship Hall for a suggested donation of $4 per plate/$15/family. The best deal in town!
- May 7: Pasta
- May 14: Breakfast for Supper
Suppers will return in September.
Families or individuals cook (it really is lightweight prep), serve, and clean up meals once every 6 weeks. Meals are served in a 7 week rotation giving each team the benefit of cooking the same meal each time they serve. You can choose which meal team you’d like to join. Each team will be serving only 4 or 5 times during the entire year. Volunteer a few hours as a small commitment with a great reward for many people. You’ll benefit by meeting other Zion members that will become new friends and you’ll also help many families and youth by providing a great “home-cooked” meal on busy Wednesday evenings.
Financial realities that make coming to a dinner like these helpful in weekly family nutrition. Some youth and families attending suppers are not able to pay fully or consistently for their meals. To help maintain meal quality, while not limiting the number of people served, both corporate and individual sponsors may have their names publicized. Sponsors might choose to give $100-$200, or give a specific part of a meal, such as desert.
- If you are interested in helping serve the meal or sponsoring part of the meal, please contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or the Wednesday Supper Coordinator.
- Wednesday Suppers Begin September 10 The start of school brings the return of Zion’s Wednesday night suppers, when families, confirmation students, musicians, committee members, and people of all ages get together for a Zion family meal in Fellowship Hall. Seven supper teams rotate, giving variety to the menu each week. Serving runs from 5:00-6:15pm, with a suggested donation of $4 ...
- Music and Pasta Tom & Karen Pearson have been married for 21 years, and have 3 daughters, all confirmed at Zion. Karen works as a bookkeeper at Crown Plaza in Plymouth, and Tom as a low voltage electrician. Karen and Tom first got involved in serving Wednesday suppers at Zion when their daughters were in confirmation and the family ...
- Block Family Serves Tacos Together Jodi Clifton-Block and her husband Doug Block both grew up in Buffalo. They’ve been married for almost 22 years and have two boys, Danny (15) and Jack (12) Jodi has worked at Aimia (formerly Carlson Marketing) for 23 years, and Doug works at Commercial Door Systems in Corcoran. They love the outdoors, and enjoy swimming, boating, biking and gardening in ...