Weekly Wednesday Suppers
Everyone is invited to join friends each Wednesday night during the school year for a wonderful evening of fellowship and tasty meals.
- Supper is served from 5-6:15pm
- All are welcome
- There is a suggested donation of $4 per plate or $15 per family
- Pay Now: $4 (plate) / $15 (family) / $16 (one month individual) / $60 (one month family)
What’s On The Menu?
- December Suppers
There’s a tasty meal waiting for you every Wednesday from 5:00-6:15 in the Fellowship Hall for a suggested donation of $4 per plate/$15/family. The best deal in town!
- December 4: Pizza [this is a change]
- December 11: Soup/Chili & Hot Dog
- December 18: Baked Potatoes
- December 25: No Supper
Families or individuals cook (it really is lightweight prep), serve, and clean up meals once every 6 weeks. Meals are served in a 7 week rotation giving each team the benefit of cooking the same meal each time they serve. You can choose which meal team you’d like to join. Each team will be serving only 4 or 5 times during the entire year. Volunteer a few hours as a small commitment with a great reward for many people. You’ll benefit by meeting other Zion members that will become new friends and you’ll also help many families and youth by providing a great “home-cooked” meal on busy Wednesday evenings.
Financial realities that make coming to a dinner like these helpful in weekly family nutrition. Some youth and families attending suppers are not able to pay fully or consistently for their meals. To help maintain meal quality, while not limiting the number of people served, both corporate and individual sponsors may have their names publicized. Sponsors might choose to give $100-$200, or give a specific part of a meal, such as desert.
- If you are interested in helping serve the meal or sponsoring part of the meal, please contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or the Wednesday Supper Coordinator.
- Block Family Serves Tacos Together Jodi Clifton-Block and her husband Doug Block both grew up in Buffalo. They’ve been married for almost 22 years and have two boys, Danny (15) and Jack (12) Jodi has worked at Aimia (formerly Carlson Marketing) for 23 years, and Doug works at Commercial Door Systems in Corcoran. They love the outdoors, and enjoy swimming, boating, biking and gardening in ...
- Wednesday Suppers Return Wednesday Night Suppers return for the year on September 11, and meals will be served each week until the end of the school year excluding school breaks. Did you know… 5000+ meals were served between September 2012-May 2013 on Wednesdays at Zion. More than 65 people volunteer their time to make the suppers happen. September Menu There’s a tasty meal ...
- Wednesday Suppers Return September 12 is the debut of this year’s Zion suppers. There’s a tasty meal waiting for you every Wednesday from 5:00-6:15 in the Fellowship Hall for a suggested donation of $4 per plate/$15/family. The best deal in town! Meals will be served each week until the end of the school year excluding school breaks. September Menus Did you ...