Don’t be a Stranger
One of the most useful features of the Table is the directory. Surfing through all the names and faces is a great way to learn and remember names. You can click on the faces to learn more about the people in your community. You can even stop and say a prayer for each person you pass. It’s a great way to connect.
Unless you come across one the dreaded default profile pic. That’s what you look like when you don’t upload a profile picture. A default grey silhouette. It’s hard to match your name with this face. You’re a stranger.
Please don’t be a stranger.
Upload a profile picture. Step out of the shadows and be a person. Put a real face to that avatar. A faceless and silent profile is a sure way to stifle community. That’s it’s important to upload a profile picture.
Tip: Use a close-up headshot so we can see your smiling face!
How Do You Upload a Profile Picture?
Easy. Here’s a video that shows you how to add a profile pic or you can follow these instructions below.
- You’ll need a picture of yourself saved on your computer. It can be a JPG, GIF or PNG file. You can crop and resize your pic after it’s uploaded. (Tip: A picture of your dog or favorite cartoon character doesn’t help anyone recognize you and learn your name. Use a picture of you!)
- When you’re on the Table, click on “Howdy Angela” (or whatever your name is) at the top to access your profile. Click on the link that says “Change Pic” below the default gray silhouette.
- Click “Browse” to find the image on your computer. Check the box to indicate that you own the picture and it’s appropriate, and then click “Submit” to upload it.
- Next you’ll have a chance to crop and resize the photo. The square is what your finished profile pic will look like—as shown in the preview square. Click and hold to reposition the square, and drag a corner to resize and zoom in on your smiling face. (Tip: Zoom right in to your face, this is not the place for a family photo or full body shot)
- Click “Crop” when you’re finished to save. Click “Canel” to completely quit and go back to your profile, or click “Delete Photo” to scrap this picture and upload a new one.
That’s it. You’re no longer a stranger!